The mission of University of EAST is to contribute to the educational, cultural, economic and social advancement of Pakistan by providing excellent undergraduate and graduate education and excellent programs leading to master’s, and professional degrees. This goal is accomplished by pursuing applied research, scholarly inquiry, and creative endeavors and by bringing these intellectual resources to bear on the economic development of Pakistan and the continuing education of its citizens. The University of EAST is serving the needs of business and industry in the region, the state, and beyond.
The University committed to improving the quality of business and technical education in Pakistan. The University is managed by a group of dedicated professional and academicians who have committed their lives to the cause of higher education in Pakistan since its inception in 1999. University of EAST has imparted knowledge and skills to numerous individuals through many teaching programs. The experience at this University has played an important role in the professional and personal development of our students. The University will continue to fulfill its responsibilities to the society by creating and providing facilities for personal and professional growth of individuals who wish to make a career in the fields of business, science and technology.
The legislative assembly of the Sindh passed the resolution of granting charter under the University of EAST Act No 1999 and the Governor of Sindh endorsed it through Act No XI of 2004. The University is recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Islamabad.
- University of EAST’s educational program objectives are listed below:
- To provide a specialized, high quality education as preparation for professional positions in business, industry and government.
- To use traditional and modern instructional techniques and technology to the best advantage in the delivery system so as to enhance and enrich student’s achievement of their educational and career goals.
- To offer educational programs, both on-campus and distance learning, to students of all nationalities worldwide
- To provide educational opportunities to persons already employed or engaged in business, allowing them to pursue undergraduate and graduate degree programs without interrupting their careers and without any compromise on the quality of education.
- To pursue innovations and develop new methods and technologies for delivery of education and development of instructional materials
- To use modern information technology to the maximum extent possible in all phases of the academic as well as administrative aspects of the University programs
- To offer high quality programs to business organizations for staff training and management development to enhance corporate productively and efficiency
- To improve the quality, talent and skills of individuals to help them lend their lives as successful professionals and responsible citizen
- To explore the frontiers of knowledge through independence research, as well as in collaboration with other entities in business or education having similar goals
- To aggressively pursue improvements in the quality of higher education through dedication and commitment to teaching, training and research
To undertake such programs and activities as are essential to or supportive of the achievement of the above listed objectives.